Thursday 1 March 2012

Self Harm Awareness Day

Hello lovelies,

Second post of the day- go me! It's a very charity orientated few blog posts I've got planned.
Earlier today- ME awareness
Now- Self Harm Awareness Day
Tomorrow- I'll be blogging about Marie Curie :)


As some of you may already know, it's Self Harm/Injury Awareness Day today. There is lots of hashtagging about it on Twitter, although not as much posting about it on Facebook I've noticed... At Vintage Princess Jewellery I'm a big supporter of mental health organisations/campaigns and related topics etc, and I'm keen to support this day as much as I can.

Self harm can be an incredibly difficult topic to discuss. For those who haven't been at a point where they've felt so alone/sad/frustrated etc, that you've felt like harming yourself it's a very very difficult thing to understand. I mean, why on earth would you want to hurt yourself?! How can that help?! Thing is, it can help people cope with such overwhelming emotions, feelings that they have no control over and just don't know what to do to get rid of. It's definitely not the best means of coping, it's a destructive means of coping and an issue in itself, but it's something that we all need to be aware of and discuss, because people do do it... 1 in 10 young people in fact, and many adults do too.

So, as it's Self Harm Awareness Day I've been trying to spread the word on Facebook/Twitter etc, and I'm also donating 10% of all sales from my shop and website (http://www.vintageprincessjewellery.co.uk/) to http://www.selfharm.co.uk/ who do wonderful work to support self harmers and raise awareness of self injury. If you'd like more information please do visit their website.

Thank you for reading,

Much love,

Laura xXxXx
Vintage Princess Jewellery

No comments:

Post a Comment